Have you tried baking with coconut flour?
Coconut flour is not only gluten free but it is low carb too and has great health benefits.
picture from nuts.com
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free) can be purchased on Nuts.com at great competitive prices!
*When cooking with coconut flour be sure to follow a coconut flour recipe because it does act differently in batters than traditional grain flours.*
PINTEREST RECIPES I LOVE:
Here are some of my favorite recipes on Pinterest using coconut flour —>click here to follow my Coconut Flour Pinterest Board
Sweet, Savory and Delicious Recipes
Coconut Chicken Tenders– Found on damndelicious.net
Zucchini Fritters – Found on damndelicious.net
Found on zscupoftea.com
Low Carb Onion Rings – Found on ibreatheimhungry.com
Paleo Carrot Cake Loaf – Found on lexiscleankitchen.com
Found on survivingthestores.com
Benefits of Coconut Flour according to LiveStrong.com :
1. Coconut flour is made from dried, ground coconut meat so those who have nut and gluten allergies this is a great substitute.
2. Coconut flour enables you to bake some of your favorite cookies, pancakes and cakes without the serious side effects that may come from ingesting wheat.
3. With 5 grams of fiber per tablespoon, coconut flour has far more of this indigestible carbohydrate than whole-grain flour, which has 0.8 gram per tablespoon, or white flour, which has just 0.2 gram per tablespoon.
*Makes you feel fuller longer *deters constipation
* enhances colon health
4. Moderate Effect on Blood Sugar
5. Higher Protein and Healthy Fats
*A 100-gram serving of coconut flour has 19 grams of protein while wheat flour has just 10.
*Coconut flour also contains about 9 grams of healthy fats per 100 grams.
From my Momee Kitchen to yours… ENJOY!