I have seen this Pinterest Pin so many times and I knew that my family would love it. We tried making this chip numerous ways and trying to figure out how to bake it took time and lots of trial and error. We wanted it to have that perfect crunch and the perfect amount of cinnamon and sugar. We have figured out the perfect way to bake these in our oven and we hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
All you need is:
*Tortillas (we used burrito size)
*A Sweet Cream Butter (salted) stick
Your choice of Sugar (we used raw cane turbinado sugar but, have used coconut sugar, as well)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. Put 1/3 cup of sugar in a container that has a lid and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon in a container and mix well
* We are going to use that container to get the cinnamon and sugar on the tortilla.
3. Melt a stick of butter.
4. Once you have the cinnamon/sugar mix done in the container and the butter melted you can cut the chips. First, use a brush to put butter on both sides of the wrap.
Then, cut the tortilla wrap into 8 slices with a pizza cutter.
Place the pieces into the container and shake it up with the lid on the container tight. (You definitely don’t want a mess all over your kitchen floor with that mixture, it will feel like the beach sand came into your home).
*Also, we prefer the chips to not be overly coated with the cinnamon and sugar so we suggest taking half of the cinnamon and sugar mix and put it in a seperate bowl so that you only half the amount in the container at a time. It makes a difference with how much gets on the chip.
5. Place the pieces on parchment paper and bake in the 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes then, flip the pieces and bake for another 2 to 4 minutes. Let cool and serve.
They are crispy and sweet! Perfect with vanilla ice cream, a sweet hummus dip, or fruit salsa. Enjoy!!!
Trace Wilkins Francis and her son enjoyed a fruit salsa with the chips and also, added whip cream! YUM!
Baking up Conversations #4
We will be making these with our good friends, Trace Wilkins Francis, Author and her son Joseph on Sunday, April 25th at 3pm on a FREE Facebook LIVE event. Hope you will join us.
Join the Facebook Event
#bakingwithkids #bakingupconversations #bakedtortillachips #bakedchips #cinnamonsugarchips #delish #sweetcravingsatisfied #dessertidea #mommyblogger #longislandblogger #blogger #momeefriends