A delicious treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
A chocolate moist cookie outside and yummy peppermint cheese cake frosting on the inside.
For the chocolate cookie:
1 box of Milk Chocolate Betty Crocker Cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
For mint cream cheese frosting filling:
6 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup butter (softened)
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
green food dye
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl put in your cake mix, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Mix together until the dough becomes very stiff.
* Let the mix stand for 5 minutes it will be easier to mold into balls to put on your cookie sheet*
3. Make about 1 inch round balls of dough and place on your cookie sheet.
The cookies will take about 13 to 15 minutes to bake.
4. Let them cool and then stick them on a late in your refrigerator.
5. Next make your filling. Beat your cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and peppermint extract together till it becomes smooth.
Add green food dye and place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
6. Now it is time to assemble your cookies.
Take 2 cookies
Put frosting on top of one cookie
Sandwich the cookies together and add your festive sprinkles onto the frosting and Enjoy!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from my Momee Kitchen to yours….