Lots Of Latkes by Sandy Lanton, illustrated by Vicki Jo Redenbaugh is a Hanukkah story.
From one Momee to another I think this is a great story to share with your family this holiday season.
Sandy Lanton- ” I chose Latkes for a practical reason. I wanted to write a Hanukkah story.”
“Long ago in a faraway village, an old woman invites her friends to a Hanukkah dinner. Each guest plans to bring something to share-sour cream, applesauce, fish, and jelly doughnuts-but a series of mishaps results in each of them contributing latkes instead. The friends have a good time anyway, celebrating the holiday with a dreidel, songs, dancing-and lots of latkes. Cartoon illustrations in soft colors are appropriate for the lighthearted story. Use this as a read-aloud in library, family, and Jewish school settings.”
Purchase Lots of Latkes by going to sandylanton.com —–> click here
* Each copy purchased will be signed by local Long Island Author Sandy Lanton herself and there is a comment area for you to put the name of the person the book is going to and a message. *
Momee Friends of Long Island highly recommends Lots of Latkes by local author Sandy Lanton and you will too!
Do you love Latkes?
use the recipe from the book (shown below) or see it on local Long Island author Sandy Lanton’s website —> Latkes Recipe
- Hanukkah Latkes (andreasgardencooking.com)
- Thanksgivukkah Latke Burger! (nycnomnom.com)
- Recipes To Make All 8 Nights Of Hanukkah Delicious (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Easy Potato Latkes (oyveyaday.com)
- Mashed potato latkes (djeat.wordpress.com)