My friend Cybille is a great cook/ baker and I love her Bread pudding recipe. This is her recipe that I used with a loaf of Italian Bread; it had gotten hard and stale over a couple of days from being on my counter.
Stale Bread = Delicious Bread Pudding!
1 Loaf Stale Bread
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp of nutmeg
1/4 tsp All Spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup Milk
*** Add raisins or orange zest to spice it up! ***
We have to mix all the ingredients listed above together.
First, cut bread up into cubes and place into a 9inch oven safe dish.
Poor liquid mix over bread. Make sure it covers all the pieces of bread in the dish.
Let sit in refrigerator for up to 12 hours. Everything will settle together and will help your bread pudding taste even better.
When you are ready to cook heat oven to 350 degrees F and let the bread pudding bake for an hour. (or until mixture is set.)
Remove from heat and let cool completely.
Cybille suggests serving this with Ice Cream for the perfect dessert!
This is a Momee friend favorite and I am sure it will be yours too.
- Quick Bread Pudding (emhouston.com)
- Holiday Recipe: Eggnog Breakfast Bread Pudding – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Recipe: Cocoa & Toast Bread Pudding – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Ginger Pumpkin Bread Pudding (canned-time.com)
- Bread Pudding with Rum sauce (homefresh.wordpress.com)