Lets face it we would all love to be more “green” but our busy lives get in the way at times. On Monday April 22nd, 2013 is Earth Day, so I challenge all of you to do something that day with your family to celebrate and also educate our little ones to take care of our planet.
Here are some ideas:
1. Recycle: make bins/ garbage pail labels with your family so you know what ones are designated for what.
2. Volunteer to clean up in a town near you. The organization KIC is wonderful and their mission is to keep the town of Islip clean with volunteers like us.
3. Plant a tree. There is plenty of information on the Arbor Day Foundation website and you can also get 10 free trees to plant when you become a member for a small fee.
4. Build your own vegetable garden in your backyard.
5. Make a compost bucket in your backyard.
6. Read your children books on how to help our environment. My favorite children’s book is the Lorax by the amazing Dr. Seuss.
7. Make Earth Day Crafts
What are you going to do this Earth Day to celebrate?
Are you going to take on my Momee Friends of Long Island challenge with your family?