In our house we LOVE pancakes, and this time of year we are all about PUMPKIN PANCAKES 🥞
I know mornings are often the busiest time of day, at least in our house anyway, so I am always looking for healthy and delicious breakfasts that are quick and easy. These pumpkin pancakes definitely fit the bill. One of our favorite things to do is make a big double batch on the weekend and freeze one to eat during the week. This way every weekday can feel like a Sunday morning .
My daughter, Sloane loves to help with the cooking. It might make the process a little longer (and messier), but it’s a great way to start building healthy eating habits. Plus, kids love to eat what they cook!
Ingredients (1 serving of 6-8 pancakes)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
3 TBSP milk (I use unsweetened almond
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 TBSP pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp baking powder
– Heat a skillet on the stove and lightly coated with cooking spray (I prefer coconut oil spray).
– Blend oats in blender or food processor to make oat flour
– Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
– Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour batter onto hot skillet
– Cook until edges turn golden and bubbles appear. Flip pancakes and cook 1-2 more minutes
– Enjoy with your favorite toppings. Apples and cinnamon are a nice pairing with these pancakes. We love to chop up some apple and sauteé them in the hot pan with cinnamon and a little coconut oil. We also enjoy warmed up peanut butter, or some homemade apple butter drizzled on top.
My name is Jessica and I am a wife, mom, and wellness coach. I love keeping my family healthy and happy and my passion is sharing my family friendly recipes and workout tips with all of you. If you enjoyed this recipe please follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/JessicaDooley.mamabefit/
I look forward to seeing you there!
Please Look Forward To A Post Every Friday From Mama Be Fit!
We call Fridays our Friday Family Fitspiration.