Looking to go Apple Picking?
We have some great places listed below where you can Pick Your Own and enjoy a lot of fun FALL activities at our local farms.
Please call any of the farms below before heading out to make sure they have fruit available for picking!
Places to go apple picking:
1. Harbes Farm and Orchard : located at 5698 Sound Avenue in Riverhead
“Harbes Orchard in Riverhead is the only Harbes location that offers apple picking! Our 15- acre apple orchard has apples that are within reach of the smallest of hands!”
Over 24 different apple varieties ripen throughout the season.
Ride on our Apple Express to the ripest apples
Open from 9am-6pm every weekend in September and October
2. The Milk Pail: located at 50 Horsemill Lane, Water Mill, NY 11976
Phone: (631) 537-2565
Once at the Farm :
1. Purchase your bag for $41.00
2. Check out the apples available for picking.
3. Follow the signs and streamer poles marking the rows in the orchard for the specific varieties and pick your apples to fill your bag.
“The trees are easy for people of all ages to pick apples. No ladders are needed.”
3. Windy Acres Farm: located at 3810 Middle Country Road in Caverton, NY
Apple Picking is available till they are out. They have delicious pies and doughnuts as well.”
4. Davis Peach Farm: located at 561 Hulse Landing Road in Wading River
“Today the Davis Peach Farm features over 80 varieties of peaches, over 50 varieties of plums, 30 varieties of nectarines, and 20varieties of apples. Plus, you have to try the plumcots, pluots, and apriums.”
5. Woodside Orchards: located at 729 Main Road Aquebogue, NY 11931
“We are a working family orchard that was established in 1982. We have become known for our Best Ever Apple Pies, Fresh Cider and over 20 delicious varieties of apples and u-pick.”
6. Hank’s Pumpkintown: located at 240 Montauk Highway
Water Mill, NY 11976
Weekends only starting September 12th and also 9/14 , 9/23, and 10/12!
NO STROLLERS OR WAGONS in the apple orchard
$22 for a one peck bag. (a peck is approx.10lbs) limit 4 people per bag.
7. Seven Pounds Orchard: located at 65 Seven Pounds Road, Water Mill
8. Wickham’s Fruit Farm: located at 28700 Main Road,
Cutchogue, NY 11935
“Wickham’s fruit is grown on some of the oldest continually cultivated land in the country, much of the farm dating from 1661. Wickham’s Fruit Farm is an historic, bicentennial farm, beautiful to behold against the sparkling waters of Peconic Bay. “
9. Lewin Farms’ : located at 812 Sound Avenue, Wading River, NY 11792
Apples : Late Aug/September – Mid/Late October (season goes as long as we still have apples, varies by weather and crowds) (Orchard is on Fresh Pond Avenue)