Peaches are in season! Head to your local farm stand and get yours.
Today is Fresh and Tasty Friday and I am feeling Peachy.
There is nothing like adding fresh ingredients to your recipe but its even better to make a yummy dessert in a short amount of time.
What you need to make this recipe is:
1 box of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
7 peaches or you can replace some of the peaches for nectarines (4 peaches, 3 nectarines)
2 1/2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
3/4 cup pecans
2 Tbsp of white sugar
Optional: * Ice cream and whip cream for topping *
Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F
1. First, blanch peaches in boiling water so that you can peel off the skin easy.
To blanch: first boil water in a large pot. Then put peaches in boiling water for 2 minutes take out and put into a bowl of ice so that you stop the cooking process. Peel the skin off the peach. And that makes peeling so much easier : )
2. In a baking dish put 1 of the Pillsbury pie crusts.
Before you lay it in the dish cover the bottom of the pie crust in flour so it doesn’t stick to the dish.
Once in the dish poke with a fork a few times.
Place in oven for 5 minutes
3. Cut your peaches into thin slices while your pie crust is in the oven.
4. Take the pie crust out and put pecans and 2 Tbsp of light brown sugar in by sprinkling all throughout.
Put in oven for 5 minutes.
5. While the pie crust, pecans and brown sugar are in oven. Make your peach mixture.
Put in a large sauce pan the peaches, 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar, and 2 1/2 Tbsp of all purpose flour. Mix on a high heat to a boil for 5 minutes.
* Make sure you take the pie crust out of oven after 5 minutes*
Take the peaches mixture off the heat and add in 3/4 cup butter, and 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
6. Pour peach mixture over the pecans and brown sugar
7. Cover with the second pie crust and put fork holes throughout top of it.
Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of white sugar on top and bake in the 475 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
8. Take out of oven making sure it is a nice golden brown on top and let cool for at least 15 minutes before you serve.
Serve and enjoy with your favorite Ice Cream and whip topping.
From my Momee Kitchen to yours… Enjoy : )
Other peachy recipes:
So Peachy Almond Smoothie – Momee Friends of Long Island
Summer Peach and Blueberry Crisp- My Homemade Home
A local Long Island Farmstand:
Davis Peach Farmstand– Momee Friends of Long Island